To change a setting in the app, open the main menu on top left corner, and select “Settings”
- Application Language : Cookmate is translated in more than 20 languages. Change the app language with this option. You have to restart the app to apply new settings. If some translations are incomplete, you can contribute here: https://www.cookmate.online/translate/
- Application Theme : Change the colors of the app. The tablet themes use a bigger font
- Font size : Increase or decrease the font size
- Cookmate Online : Used to link your app to your online account on Cookmate Online. You can find more details here: Synchronize Cookmate Android application and Cookmate Online
- Disconnect from Facebook : If you have shared a recipe on Facebook, you can use this button to unlink your app from your facebook account
- Disconnect from Google : If you have used the Google button to log in into Cookmate Online, you can use this button to unlink your Android app from Google.
- Disconnect from Dropbox : You can use this button to unlink your app from your dropbox account.
- Cookmate Images Directory : Images of your recipes are stored here. You can change the path and use for example a path on your external sdcard. Images will be copied to the new path, but won’t be deleted from previous path. You will have to purge your old images
- Cookmate Backup Directory : Cookmate backup automatically your recipes in some xml files here. If you want to export to import or export some files, use this directory. You can change the path. Be careful, since Android 4.4, apps are not allowed to write on any directory on your external sdcard. It is better to choose a directory on your emulated sdcard.
- Colors : Change colors into summaries, ingredients or directions of your recipes.
- Local backup settings : How do you want to backup your recipes on your device? Recipes are automatically saved in a mcb file every day. Change here the frequency if needed.
- Use external browser : Check this option if you want to use an external browser when you search new recipes from Cookmate. If you use an external browser, you won’t have the import button. You will have to use the share feature of your browser to import a recipe
- Import-Export file’s charset : Try to change this option if you have some issue when you are importing recipe from a file
- Recipe List layout : You can change the view of your list of recipes :
- Recipe layout : You can choose a tablet layout with one screen for a recipe , or a phone layout with tabs :
- Recipe ingredients formatting : You can prefix each ingredient with a bullet. This option is disabled by default
- Recipe directions formatting : You can prefix each step with a number. This option is enabled by default
- Privacy Options : You can customize your GDPR settings
- Debug Mode : Allow to enable the debug mode. Check this option if you have some issues. Then send us error logs with the following button
- Send us error logs : Tap here to generates a file with some logs and send us this file by email
85 thoughts on “Cookmate Android Settings”
I can’t transfer all recipes from my old phone. It only sent 100 recipes to new phone. I have over 1700 on my old phone. I’m frustrated. Any pointers?
You can synchronize your data on your devices using an online account : https://cookmate.blog/synchronize-my-cookbook-application-and-my-cookbook-online/
Another option to copy your recipes is to use a dropbox account, but the synchronization will not be automatic : https://cookmate.blog/tutorial-import-your-recipes-on-a-new-device/
Hello…. I love my cookbook!
Is it possible to organize my recipes within a SPECIFIC category?
Organize recipes the way I want, or use them?
How can I add categories? Beverages, Salads, Sides for example.
Hi, You can create your own categories. Just open the main menu and tap on “Categories, tags & group”.
Nutze Climate schon länger vielen Dank
Möchte aber ne wissen
Wie kann ich einige Schlagwörter und Kategorie einzeln löschen..
Viele Grüße Matthias
Hi, Thanks for your feedback!
You can manage your tags and categories in the Categories & Tags page.
If you tap on a line, you will be able to edit or delete the selected tag or category
All my images have disappeared from the listing, in both list and gallery view. They display in the individual recipes, but not in the listings. I can also see them in the file structure. What has happened and how to I put it right, please?
I should add that thisis the Android app.
How do I synchronize the app to show updates I’ve made on my phone or my tablet? The recipes I made on my phone don’t show up on my tablet…..plz tell me how I can synchronize to get them to show the same thing.
Hi Deanna, you can synchronize your recipes using the refresh button in the recipe list page