To change a setting in the app, open the main menu on top left corner, and select “Settings”
- Application Language : My CookBook is translated in more than 20 languages. Change the app language with this option. You have to restart the app to apply new settings. If some translations are incomplete, you can contribute here: https://mycookbook.oneskyapp.com
- Application Theme : Change the colors of the app. The tablet themes use a bigger font
- Font size : Increase or decrease the font size
- My CookBook Online : Used to link your app to your online account on My CookBook Online. You can find more details here: Synchronize My CookBook application and My CookBook Online
- Disconnect from Facebook : If you have shared a recipe on Facebook, you can use this button to unlink your app from your facebook account
- Disconnect from Google : If you have used the Google button to log in into My CookBook Online, you can use this button to unlink your Android app from Google.
- Disconnect from Dropbox : You can use this button to unlink your app from your dropbox account.
- My CookBook Images Directory : Images of your recipes are stored here. You can change the path and use for example a path on your external sdcard. Images will be copied to the new path, but won’t be deleted from previous path. You will have to purge your old images
- My CookBook Backup Directory : My CookBook backup automatically your recipes in some xml files here. If you want to export to import or export some files, use this directory. You can change the path. Be careful, since Android 4.4, apps are not allowed to write on any directory on your external sdcard. It is better to choose a directory on your emulated sdcard.
- Colors : Change colors into summaries, ingredients or directions of your recipes.
- Use external browser : Check this option if you want to use an external browser when you search new recipes from My CookBook. If you use an external browser, you won’t have the import button. You will have to use the share feature of your browser to import a recipe
- Import-Export file’s charset : Try to change this option if you have some issue when you are importing recipe from a file
- Backup Frequency : Recipes are automatically saved in a xml file every day. Change here the frequency if needed.
- Recipe List layout : You can change the view of your list of recipes :
- Recipe layout : You can choose a tablet layout with one screen for a recipe , or a phone layout with tabs :
- Recipe ingredients formatting : You can prefix each ingredient with a bullet. This option is disabled by default
- Recipe directions formatting : You can prefix each step with a number. This option is enabled by default
My Shopping list
- Quick delete : Check this option if you don’t want top have a box to confirm you want to delete a shopping list item
- Privacy Options : You can customize your GDPR settings